8 Step Wellness Formula
8 Step Wellness Formula
Oakland Chiropractors Aiming People Toward Wellness
For us, being Oakland Chiropractors, providing Healthcare is about providing people who seek our care with a path that is clear enough they can understand and supportive enough that they can walk down it and explore what it has to offer. In our world, this path is one that aims the individual who is healing and seeking greater quality of life towards what we call "wellness".
What is Wellness and Why do We Need a Wellness Formula?
A wellness formula is a series of steps that guide a person through life with a particular consciousness on living wellness. Living wellness means choosing healthy lifestyle behaviors to design and integrate into daily life. These wellness behaviors give energy to the individual and help fuel the body mind spirit to function better. Wellness is a constant balance between a person living consciously and making better choices similarly regardless of whether sick or healthy. Wellness can be considered an orientation towards living well because it is prioritized as a valuable way to get the most quality experience in life
We use a Wellness formula to simplify the complexities of trying to make better choices. Attempting to live well is hard work and requires us to keep it simple so we can put all our energy and focus into what is most meaningful. The wellness formula we are presenting here aims to focus on the mindset of the individual and gives a starting point to move forward whether a person is sick, injured, healthy, or vibrant and move them towards wellness.
Is Chiropractic Wellness?
Chiropractic fits perfectly into the Wellness model of living because it focuses on what is working well and keeping that functioning at its optimum level which is one of the pillars that sustains true wellness in life. You can explore this topic of chiropractic wellness further in our Blog here.
Our 8 Step Wellness Formula Summarized
1. Always begin by adding healthy choices first (e.g. Chiropractic care or Plant Based Diet) by making easy and comfortable additions that are not strenuous or painful.
2. Ask yourself "what healthy choices can I most easily add?" "What things am I choosing not to give up right now?" This will help remove your fear about change.
3. Getting well is not about "giving up" what you enjoy or perceive as needing.
4. Focus on what you are willing to add; if you choose to give up something that is fine, but it is not the focus.
5. Always focus on your successes up until this point and the expected successes you will have tomorrow.
6. There is no such thing as cheating, only less success oriented and health oriented choices than others. A less healthy choice is a great feedback; there are no mistakes, only mis-takes.
7. Visualize yourself making healthier choices by using positive internal dialogue with yourself.
8. Operate from a place of Optimism and firm certainty in your ability to change.
The Wellness Formula Problem:
Most people have a hard time moving through these steps without the help of a trusted advisor
The Wellness Formula Solution:
Leverage our Chiropractic Wellness skills and expertise to overcome the challenges of getting onto the wellness path and let us be your guide.